Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 06:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 06:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.11 meters/second, 1598.8 km/hour, 993.4 miles/hour or 863.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.56 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||north||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 48.9"||993.31 mi||west||0° 10' 14.1"||11.72 mi||north||993.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 19.1"||769.45 mi||east||3° 49' 23.1"||262.77 mi||north||808.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Thu 3:24 PM||282 km||175 miles||152 nm||ESE|
|Davao||Thu 2:24 PM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||WSW|
|General Santos||Thu 2:24 PM||851 km||529 miles||459 nm||WSW|
|Cebu City||Thu 2:24 PM||948 km||589 miles||512 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Thu 3:24 PM||1082 km||672 miles||584 nm||S|
|Manado||Thu 2:24 PM||1163 km||723 miles||628 nm||SW|
|Gorontalo||Thu 2:24 PM||1380 km||857 miles||745 nm||SW|
|Quezon||Thu 2:24 PM||1399 km||869 miles||756 nm||WNW|
|Manila||Thu 2:24 PM||1401 km||870 miles||756 nm||WNW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 4:24 PM||1445 km||898 miles||780 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.