Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 06:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 06:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.07 meters/second, 1598.7 km/hour, 993.4 miles/hour or 863.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.56 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||north||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.0"||993.30 mi||west||0° 10' 13.5"||11.71 mi||north||993.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 18.7"||769.44 mi||east||3° 49' 08.5"||262.51 mi||north||808.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Davao||Thu 2:34 PM||519 km||322 miles||280 nm||WSW|
|Melekeok||Thu 3:34 PM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||ESE|
|Cagayan de Oro||Thu 2:34 PM||588 km||365 miles||317 nm||W|
|General Santos||Thu 2:34 PM||609 km||378 miles||329 nm||WSW|
|Marawi City||Thu 2:34 PM||633 km||393 miles||342 nm||W|
|Cebu City||Thu 2:34 PM||688 km||427 miles||371 nm||WNW|
|Bacolod||Thu 2:34 PM||797 km||495 miles||430 nm||WNW|
|Ternate||Thu 3:34 PM||931 km||579 miles||503 nm||SSW|
|Sofifi||Thu 3:34 PM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||SSW|
|Manado||Thu 2:34 PM||990 km||615 miles||534 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.