Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 7:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 07:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.91 meters/second, 1598.1 km/hour, 993.0 miles/hour or 862.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||North||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.3"||992.87 mi||West||0° 10' 10.9"||11.66 mi||North||992.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 16.2"||769.05 mi||East||3° 47' 56.5"||261.12 mi||North||807.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Princesa||Thu 3:24 PM||109 km||68 miles||59 nm||NE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Thu 3:24 PM||400 km||248 miles||216 nm||SW|
|Zamboanga City||Thu 3:24 PM||488 km||304 miles||264 nm||ESE|
|Iloilo City||Thu 3:24 PM||522 km||325 miles||282 nm||ENE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Thu 3:24 PM||571 km||355 miles||309 nm||SW|
|Pekan Tutong||Thu 3:24 PM||599 km||372 miles||323 nm||SW|
|Kuala Belait||Thu 3:24 PM||648 km||402 miles||350 nm||SW|
|Cebu City||Thu 3:24 PM||649 km||403 miles||350 nm||ENE|
|Miri||Thu 3:24 PM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||SW|
|Marawi City||Thu 3:24 PM||685 km||425 miles||370 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.