Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 7:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 07:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.88 meters/second, 1598.0 kilometres/hour, 992.9 miles/hour or 862.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||North||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.3"||992.79 mi||West||0° 10' 10.3"||11.65 mi||North||992.63 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 15.7"||768.98 mi||East||3° 47' 41.9"||260.84 mi||North||807.67 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kota Kinabalu||Thu 3:34 PM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||S|
|Puerto Princesa||Thu 3:34 PM||342 km||212 miles||185 nm||ENE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Thu 3:34 PM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||S|
|Pekan Tutong||Thu 3:34 PM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||SSW|
|Kuala Belait||Thu 3:34 PM||512 km||318 miles||277 nm||SSW|
|Miri||Thu 3:34 PM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||SSW|
|Zamboanga City||Thu 3:34 PM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||ESE|
|Manila||Thu 3:34 PM||845 km||525 miles||456 nm||NE|
|Quezon||Thu 3:34 PM||860 km||534 miles||464 nm||NE|
|Cebu City||Thu 3:34 PM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.