Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 7:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 07:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.84 meters/second, 1597.8 km/hour, 992.8 miles/hour or 862.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||North||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.5"||992.71 mi||West||0° 10' 09.8"||11.64 mi||North||992.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 15.4"||768.91 mi||East||3° 47' 27.0"||260.56 mi||North||807.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kota Kinabalu||Thu 3:44 PM||453 km||281 miles||245 nm||SE|
|Pekan Tutong||Thu 3:44 PM||488 km||303 miles||263 nm||SSE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Thu 3:44 PM||490 km||304 miles||264 nm||SSE|
|Kuala Belait||Thu 3:44 PM||499 km||310 miles||269 nm||SSE|
|Miri||Thu 3:44 PM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||S|
|Nha Trang||Thu 2:44 PM||575 km||357 miles||310 nm||NW|
|Puerto Princesa||Thu 3:44 PM||603 km||375 miles||325 nm||E|
|Ho Chi Minh||Thu 2:44 PM||750 km||466 miles||405 nm||WNW|
|Cần Thơ||Thu 2:44 PM||834 km||518 miles||450 nm||W|
|Kuching||Thu 3:44 PM||886 km||550 miles||478 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.