Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 8:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 08:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.67 meters/second, 1597.2 km/hour, 992.5 miles/hour or 862.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.8"||992.33 mi||West||0° 10' 06.9"||11.59 mi||North||992.16 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 13.5"||768.57 mi||East||3° 46' 12.8"||259.14 mi||North||806.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Na Thon (Ko Samui)||Thu 3:34 PM||145 km||90 miles||78 nm||WNW|
|Hat Yai||Thu 3:34 PM||249 km||155 miles||135 nm||SSW|
|Sihanoukville||Thu 3:34 PM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||ENE|
|Phuket||Thu 3:34 PM||339 km||210 miles||183 nm||WSW|
|Alor Setar||Thu 4:34 PM||347 km||215 miles||187 nm||SSW|
|Pattaya||Thu 3:34 PM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||N|
|George Town||Thu 4:34 PM||423 km||263 miles||229 nm||SSW|
|Phnom Penh||Thu 3:34 PM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||NE|
|Battambang||Thu 3:34 PM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||NNE|
|Ipoh||Thu 4:34 PM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.