Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 9:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 19%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 09:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.46 meters/second, 1596.5 km/hour, 992.0 miles/hour or 862.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 50.3"||991.87 mi||West||0° 10' 03.7"||11.52 mi||North||991.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 12.0"||768.18 mi||East||3° 44' 42.9"||257.43 mi||North||805.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kalmunai||Thu 3:04 PM||572 km||356 miles||309 nm||WSW|
|Trincomalee||Thu 3:04 PM||603 km||375 miles||325 nm||W|
|Kandy||Thu 3:04 PM||700 km||435 miles||378 nm||WSW|
|Jaffna||Thu 3:04 PM||731 km||455 miles||395 nm||W|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Thu 3:04 PM||790 km||491 miles||427 nm||WSW|
|Colombo||Thu 3:04 PM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||WSW|
|Chennai||Thu 3:04 PM||813 km||505 miles||439 nm||WNW|
|Madurai||Thu 3:04 PM||941 km||585 miles||508 nm||W|
|Visakhapatnam||Thu 3:04 PM||999 km||621 miles||539 nm||NNW|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Thu 3:04 PM||1072 km||666 miles||579 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.