Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 10:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 19%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 10:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.29 meters/second, 1595.8 km/hour, 991.6 miles/hour or 861.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 50.5"||991.47 mi||West||0° 10' 00.8"||11.47 mi||North||991.30 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 11.2"||767.85 mi||East||3° 43' 27.4"||255.99 mi||North||804.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kochi||Thu 3:54 PM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||ENE|
|Alappuzha||Thu 3:54 PM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||E|
|Kattoor||Thu 3:54 PM||204 km||127 miles||110 nm||ENE|
|Ponnani||Thu 3:54 PM||210 km||130 miles||113 nm||NE|
|Kottayam||Thu 3:54 PM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||E|
|Thrissur||Thu 3:54 PM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||ENE|
|Chalakudy||Thu 3:54 PM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||ENE|
|Tiruvalla||Thu 3:54 PM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||E|
|Kollam||Thu 3:54 PM||232 km||144 miles||126 nm||ESE|
|Kozhikode||Thu 3:54 PM||240 km||149 miles||130 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.