Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 10:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 19%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 10:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.25 meters/second, 1595.7 kilometres/hour, 991.5 miles/hour or 861.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 50.5"||991.39 mi||West||0° 10' 00.3"||11.46 mi||North||991.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 10.9"||767.79 mi||East||3° 43' 12.2"||255.70 mi||North||804.79 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kavaratti||Thu 4:04 PM||132 km||82 miles||71 nm||NNE|
|Kulhudhuffushi||Thu 3:34 PM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||SSE|
|Kochi||Thu 4:04 PM||455 km||283 miles||246 nm||E|
|Mangaluru||Thu 4:04 PM||477 km||296 miles||257 nm||NE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Thu 4:04 PM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||E|
|Coimbatore||Thu 4:04 PM||556 km||346 miles||300 nm||ENE|
|Theni||Thu 4:04 PM||590 km||366 miles||318 nm||E|
|Male||Thu 3:34 PM||606 km||377 miles||327 nm||SSE|
|Madurai||Thu 4:04 PM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||E|
|Bengaluru||Thu 4:04 PM||707 km||440 miles||382 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.