Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 10:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 19%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 10:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.22 meters/second, 1595.6 km/hour, 991.4 miles/hour or 861.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 50.6"||991.31 mi||West||0° 09' 59.7"||11.45 mi||North||991.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 10.9"||767.73 mi||East||3° 42' 57.1"||255.41 mi||North||804.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kulhudhuffushi||Thu 3:44 PM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||SE|
|Mangaluru||Thu 4:14 PM||672 km||417 miles||363 nm||NE|
|Male||Thu 3:44 PM||724 km||450 miles||391 nm||SE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Thu 4:14 PM||804 km||499 miles||434 nm||E|
|Madurai||Thu 4:14 PM||923 km||574 miles||499 nm||E|
|Bengaluru||Thu 4:14 PM||939 km||583 miles||507 nm||ENE|
|Anantapur||Thu 4:14 PM||1031 km||641 miles||557 nm||NE|
|Pune||Thu 4:14 PM||1092 km||679 miles||590 nm||NNE|
|Mumbai||Thu 4:14 PM||1098 km||682 miles||593 nm||NNE|
|Colombo||Thu 4:14 PM||1153 km||717 miles||623 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.