Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 11:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 19%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 11:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.11 meters/second, 1595.2 km/hour, 991.2 miles/hour or 861.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 50.9"||991.07 mi||West||0° 09' 57.9"||11.42 mi||North||990.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 10.8"||767.53 mi||East||3° 42' 11.4"||254.54 mi||North||804.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hadibu||Thu 2:14 PM||980 km||609 miles||529 nm||WNW|
|Male||Thu 4:14 PM||1361 km||846 miles||735 nm||ESE|
|Mumbai||Thu 4:44 PM||1525 km||948 miles||823 nm||NE|
|Pune||Thu 4:44 PM||1578 km||981 miles||852 nm||NE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Thu 4:44 PM||1599 km||994 miles||863 nm||E|
|Muscat||Thu 3:14 PM||1605 km||998 miles||867 nm||NNW|
|Bengaluru||Thu 4:44 PM||1692 km||1051 miles||913 nm||ENE|
|Surat||Thu 4:44 PM||1697 km||1054 miles||916 nm||NE|
|Madurai||Thu 4:44 PM||1719 km||1068 miles||928 nm||E|
|Victoria||Thu 3:14 PM||1753 km||1089 miles||946 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.