Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 11:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 11:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.04 meters/second, 1594.9 km/hour, 991.1 miles/hour or 861.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.0"||990.91 mi||West||0° 09' 56.8"||11.39 mi||North||990.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 10.7"||767.41 mi||East||3° 41' 40.9"||253.96 mi||North||803.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hadibu||Thu 2:34 PM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||NW|
|Salalah||Thu 3:34 PM||899 km||559 miles||485 nm||NNW|
|Bosaso||Thu 2:34 PM||939 km||584 miles||507 nm||WNW|
|Aden||Thu 2:34 PM||1416 km||880 miles||765 nm||WNW|
|Muscat||Thu 3:34 PM||1548 km||962 miles||836 nm||N|
|Sana||Thu 2:34 PM||1585 km||985 miles||856 nm||WNW|
|Victoria||Thu 3:34 PM||1596 km||992 miles||862 nm||S|
|Djibouti||Thu 2:34 PM||1596 km||992 miles||862 nm||W|
|Mogadishu||Thu 2:34 PM||1597 km||992 miles||862 nm||WSW|
|Abu Dhabi||Thu 3:34 PM||1677 km||1042 miles||905 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.