Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 12:04:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 12:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 442.93 meters/second, 1594.6 kilometres/hour, 990.8 miles/hour or 861.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.51 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.1"||990.67 mi||West||0° 09' 55.1"||11.36 mi||North||990.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 10.8"||767.22 mi||East||3° 40' 54.8"||253.08 mi||North||803.37 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bosaso||Thu 3:04 PM||213 km||133 miles||115 nm||NW|
|Galkayo||Thu 3:04 PM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||SW|
|Hadibu||Thu 3:04 PM||516 km||320 miles||279 nm||NE|
|Al Mukalla||Thu 3:04 PM||548 km||340 miles||296 nm||NNW|
|Berbera||Thu 3:04 PM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||W|
|Aden||Thu 3:04 PM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||WNW|
|Hargeisa||Thu 3:04 PM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||W|
|Ta'izz||Thu 3:04 PM||810 km||504 miles||438 nm||WNW|
|Djibouti||Thu 3:04 PM||813 km||505 miles||439 nm||WNW|
|Tadjoura||Thu 3:04 PM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.