Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 12:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 12:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.90 meters/second, 1594.4 km/hour, 990.7 miles/hour or 860.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.51 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.1"||990.59 mi||West||0° 09' 54.5"||11.35 mi||North||990.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 10.8"||767.16 mi||East||3° 40' 39.4"||252.78 mi||North||803.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Garowe||Thu 3:14 PM||162 km||101 miles||88 nm||SSE|
|Bosaso||Thu 3:14 PM||218 km||136 miles||118 nm||NE|
|Berbera||Thu 3:14 PM||327 km||203 miles||177 nm||WNW|
|Galkayo||Thu 3:14 PM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||S|
|Hargeisa||Thu 3:14 PM||423 km||263 miles||228 nm||W|
|Aden||Thu 3:14 PM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||NW|
|Al Mukalla||Thu 3:14 PM||545 km||338 miles||294 nm||NNE|
|Djibouti||Thu 3:14 PM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||WNW|
|Obock||Thu 3:14 PM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||WNW|
|Ali Sabieh||Thu 3:14 PM||591 km||367 miles||319 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.