Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 12:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 12:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.82 meters/second, 1594.1 km/hour, 990.6 miles/hour or 860.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.51 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.2"||990.41 mi||West||0° 09' 53.3"||11.33 mi||North||990.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 11.0"||767.02 mi||East||3° 40' 05.5"||252.14 mi||North||802.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Borama||Thu 3:36 PM||67 km||41 miles||36 nm||E|
|Dire Dawa||Thu 3:36 PM||83 km||52 miles||45 nm||WSW|
|Dikhil||Thu 3:36 PM||144 km||90 miles||78 nm||N|
|Ali Sabieh||Thu 3:36 PM||148 km||92 miles||80 nm||N|
|Hargeisa||Thu 3:36 PM||165 km||102 miles||89 nm||E|
|Djibouti||Thu 3:36 PM||205 km||127 miles||111 nm||NNE|
|Degehabur||Thu 3:36 PM||207 km||128 miles||112 nm||SSE|
|Tadjoura||Thu 3:36 PM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||N|
|Obock||Thu 3:36 PM||249 km||155 miles||135 nm||NNE|
|Dorra||Thu 3:36 PM||258 km||160 miles||139 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.