Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 12:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 12:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.75 meters/second, 1593.9 km/hour, 990.4 miles/hour or 860.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.51 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.3"||990.27 mi||West||0° 09' 52.2"||11.31 mi||North||990.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 11.3"||766.91 mi||East||3° 39' 37.7"||251.61 mi||North||802.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Addis Ababa||Thu 3:54 PM||110 km||69 miles||60 nm||SSE|
|Debre Berhan||Thu 3:54 PM||145 km||90 miles||78 nm||E|
|Adama||Thu 3:54 PM||186 km||116 miles||101 nm||SE|
|Nekemte||Thu 3:54 PM||204 km||127 miles||110 nm||WSW|
|Dessie||Thu 3:54 PM||209 km||130 miles||113 nm||NE|
|Bahir Dar||Thu 3:54 PM||211 km||131 miles||114 nm||NNW|
|Lalibela||Thu 3:54 PM||255 km||159 miles||138 nm||NNE|
|Jimma||Thu 3:54 PM||287 km||179 miles||155 nm||SSW|
|Awasa||Thu 3:54 PM||312 km||194 miles||169 nm||S|
|Gondar||Thu 3:54 PM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.