Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:04:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 13:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 442.71 meters/second, 1593.8 kilometres/hour, 990.3 miles/hour or 860.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.3"||990.18 mi||West||0° 09' 51.6"||11.30 mi||North||990.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 11.5"||766.85 mi||East||3° 39' 22.1"||251.31 mi||North||802.43 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nekemte||Thu 4:04 PM||121 km||75 miles||65 nm||SE|
|Bahir Dar||Thu 4:04 PM||255 km||158 miles||138 nm||NE|
|Jimma||Thu 4:04 PM||271 km||168 miles||146 nm||SSE|
|Addis Ababa||Thu 4:04 PM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||ESE|
|Gondar||Thu 4:04 PM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||NNE|
|Adama||Thu 4:04 PM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||ESE|
|Debre Berhan||Thu 4:04 PM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||E|
|Lalibela||Thu 4:04 PM||425 km||264 miles||230 nm||NE|
|Awasa||Thu 4:04 PM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||SE|
|Dessie||Thu 4:04 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.