Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 13:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 442.68 meters/second, 1593.6 kilometres/hour, 990.2 miles/hour or 860.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.3"||990.10 mi||West||0° 09' 51.1"||11.28 mi||North||989.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 11.5"||766.79 mi||East||3° 39' 06.7"||251.02 mi||North||802.28 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Malakal||Thu 4:14 PM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||WSW|
|Nekemte||Thu 4:14 PM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||ESE|
|Kosti||Thu 4:14 PM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||NNW|
|Jimma||Thu 4:14 PM||454 km||282 miles||245 nm||ESE|
|Bahir Dar||Thu 4:14 PM||475 km||295 miles||256 nm||ENE|
|Al-Ubayyid||Thu 4:14 PM||500 km||310 miles||270 nm||NW|
|Gondar||Thu 4:14 PM||536 km||333 miles||289 nm||NE|
|Juba||Thu 4:14 PM||595 km||369 miles||321 nm||SSW|
|Addis Ababa||Thu 4:14 PM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||E|
|Arba Minch||Thu 4:14 PM||630 km||391 miles||340 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.