Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 13:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 442.64 meters/second, 1593.5 kilometres/hour, 990.2 miles/hour or 860.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.5"||990.02 mi||West||0° 09' 50.5"||11.27 mi||North||989.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 11.7"||766.73 mi||East||3° 38' 51.1"||250.72 mi||North||802.12 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Malakal||Thu 4:24 PM||90 km||56 miles||49 nm||ESE|
|Al-Ubayyid||Thu 4:24 PM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||NNW|
|Kosti||Thu 4:24 PM||401 km||249 miles||217 nm||NNE|
|Wau||Thu 4:24 PM||411 km||255 miles||222 nm||SW|
|Juba||Thu 4:24 PM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||S|
|Nekemte||Thu 4:24 PM||621 km||386 miles||335 nm||E|
|Khartoum||Thu 4:24 PM||648 km||403 miles||350 nm||NNE|
|Yambio||Thu 4:24 PM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||SSW|
|Bahir Dar||Thu 4:24 PM||726 km||451 miles||392 nm||ENE|
|Gondar||Thu 4:24 PM||768 km||478 miles||415 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.