Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 13:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 442.61 meters/second, 1593.4 kilometres/hour, 990.1 miles/hour or 860.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.5"||989.94 mi||West||0° 09' 49.9"||11.26 mi||North||989.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 12.0"||766.67 mi||East||3° 38' 35.7"||250.42 mi||North||801.97 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bentiu||Thu 4:34 PM||159 km||99 miles||86 nm||ESE|
|Wau||Thu 4:34 PM||259 km||161 miles||140 nm||SSW|
|Malakal||Thu 4:34 PM||347 km||215 miles||187 nm||E|
|Al-Ubayyid||Thu 4:34 PM||399 km||248 miles||216 nm||NNE|
|Al-Fashir||Thu 4:34 PM||532 km||331 miles||287 nm||NW|
|Obo||Thu 2:34 PM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||SSW|
|Kosti||Thu 4:34 PM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||NE|
|Yambio||Thu 4:34 PM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||S|
|Birao||Thu 2:34 PM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||W|
|Juba||Thu 4:34 PM||660 km||410 miles||356 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.