Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 1:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 13:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 442.57 meters/second, 1593.2 kilometres/hour, 990.0 miles/hour or 860.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.50 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.50 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.6"||989.85 mi||West||0° 09' 49.3"||11.25 mi||North||989.67 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 12.1"||766.61 mi||East||3° 38' 20.1"||250.13 mi||North||801.81 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wau||Thu 4:44 PM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||SE|
|Birao||Thu 2:44 PM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||W|
|Al-Fashir||Thu 4:44 PM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||NNW|
|Obo||Thu 2:44 PM||512 km||318 miles||276 nm||S|
|Al-Ubayyid||Thu 4:44 PM||569 km||353 miles||307 nm||NE|
|Bria||Thu 2:44 PM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||SW|
|Malakal||Thu 4:44 PM||611 km||380 miles||330 nm||E|
|Yambio||Thu 4:44 PM||651 km||405 miles||352 nm||SSE|
|Abéché||Thu 2:44 PM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||NW|
|Juba||Thu 4:44 PM||831 km||516 miles||449 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.