Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 2:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.42 meters/second, 1592.7 km/hour, 989.7 miles/hour or 860.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||North||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.7"||989.52 mi||West||0° 09' 47.0"||11.21 mi||North||989.33 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 13.3"||766.37 mi||East||3° 37' 17.6"||248.94 mi||North||801.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Moundou||Thu 3:24 PM||176 km||109 miles||95 nm||SSW|
|Maroua||Thu 3:24 PM||236 km||147 miles||128 nm||WNW|
|Sarh||Thu 3:24 PM||240 km||149 miles||130 nm||ESE|
|Ndjamena||Thu 3:24 PM||267 km||166 miles||144 nm||NW|
|Mongo||Thu 3:24 PM||337 km||209 miles||182 nm||NE|
|Garoua||Thu 3:24 PM||345 km||214 miles||186 nm||WSW|
|Moussoro||Thu 3:24 PM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||N|
|Maiduguri||Thu 3:24 PM||405 km||252 miles||219 nm||WNW|
|Bozoum||Thu 3:24 PM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||S|
|Ngaoundéré||Thu 3:24 PM||440 km||274 miles||238 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.