Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 5:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 17:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.71 meters/second, 1590.1 km/hour, 988.1 miles/hour or 858.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.47 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.3"||987.92 mi||West||0° 09' 35.6"||10.99 mi||North||987.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 21.7"||765.28 mi||East||3° 32' 16.2"||243.19 mi||North||798.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Thu 4:34 PM||812 km||505 miles||439 nm||NE|
|Mindelo||Thu 4:34 PM||852 km||530 miles||460 nm||NE|
|Dakar||Thu 5:34 PM||1394 km||866 miles||752 nm||ENE|
|Banjul||Thu 5:34 PM||1450 km||901 miles||783 nm||ENE|
|Bissau||Thu 5:34 PM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||E|
|Nouakchott||Thu 5:34 PM||1682 km||1045 miles||908 nm||ENE|
|Conakry||Thu 5:34 PM||1744 km||1084 miles||942 nm||E|
|Freetown||Thu 5:34 PM||1810 km||1125 miles||977 nm||E|
|Fortaleza||Thu 2:34 PM||1871 km||1163 miles||1010 nm||SSW|
|Monrovia||Thu 5:34 PM||2121 km||1318 miles||1145 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.