Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 18:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 18:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.46 meters/second, 1589.3 km/hour, 987.5 miles/hour or 858.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.46 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||north||16.46 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.4"||987.37 mi||west||0° 09' 31.7"||10.92 mi||north||987.17 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 25.8"||764.93 mi||east||3° 30' 34.5"||241.25 mi||north||797.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Thu 3:36 PM||1047 km||651 miles||565 nm||SW|
|Paramaribo||Thu 3:36 PM||1260 km||783 miles||680 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Thu 3:36 PM||1412 km||877 miles||762 nm||SSW|
|Georgetown||Thu 2:36 PM||1527 km||949 miles||824 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Thu 2:36 PM||1626 km||1010 miles||878 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Thu 3:36 PM||1753 km||1089 miles||946 nm||SSE|
|Castries||Thu 2:36 PM||1787 km||1111 miles||965 nm||WNW|
|Kingstown||Thu 2:36 PM||1800 km||1118 miles||972 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Thu 2:36 PM||1809 km||1124 miles||977 nm||WNW|
|Port of Spain||Thu 2:36 PM||1820 km||1131 miles||983 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.