Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 6:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 18:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.44 meters/second, 1589.2 km/hour, 987.5 miles/hour or 858.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.46 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.46 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.4"||987.31 mi||West||0° 09' 31.3"||10.91 mi||North||987.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 26.4"||764.90 mi||East||3° 30' 23.3"||241.04 mi||North||797.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Thu 3:44 PM||911 km||566 miles||492 nm||SW|
|Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni||Thu 3:44 PM||1013 km||630 miles||547 nm||SW|
|Paramaribo||Thu 3:44 PM||1099 km||683 miles||593 nm||WSW|
|Georgetown||Thu 2:44 PM||1353 km||841 miles||731 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Thu 3:44 PM||1373 km||853 miles||741 nm||S|
|Bridgetown||Thu 2:44 PM||1447 km||899 miles||781 nm||WNW|
|Castries||Thu 2:44 PM||1610 km||1001 miles||870 nm||WNW|
|Kingstown||Thu 2:44 PM||1620 km||1007 miles||875 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Thu 2:44 PM||1633 km||1015 miles||882 nm||WNW|
|Port of Spain||Thu 2:44 PM||1638 km||1018 miles||884 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.