Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 7:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 19:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.24 meters/second, 1588.5 km/hour, 987.0 miles/hour or 857.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.5"||986.88 mi||West||0° 09' 28.1"||10.85 mi||North||986.67 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 30.0"||764.63 mi||East||3° 29' 02.0"||239.49 mi||North||796.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Scarborough||Thu 3:34 PM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||W|
|Bridgetown||Thu 3:34 PM||261 km||162 miles||141 nm||NNW|
|Chaguanas||Thu 3:34 PM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||W|
|Port of Spain||Thu 3:34 PM||315 km||196 miles||170 nm||W|
|San Fernando||Thu 3:34 PM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||WSW|
|Saint George's||Thu 3:34 PM||360 km||224 miles||195 nm||WNW|
|Kingstown||Thu 3:34 PM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||NW|
|Vieux Fort||Thu 3:34 PM||397 km||247 miles||214 nm||NW|
|Castries||Thu 3:34 PM||424 km||263 miles||229 nm||NW|
|Georgetown (Guyana)||Thu 3:34 PM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.