Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 7:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 19:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.20 meters/second, 1588.3 km/hour, 986.9 miles/hour or 857.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.5"||986.79 mi||West||0° 09' 27.6"||10.84 mi||North||986.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 30.9"||764.58 mi||East||3° 28' 45.7"||239.18 mi||North||796.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Scarborough||Thu 3:44 PM||43 km||27 miles||23 nm||ENE|
|Port of Spain||Thu 3:44 PM||60 km||37 miles||32 nm||SW|
|Chaguanas||Thu 3:44 PM||63 km||39 miles||34 nm||SW|
|San Fernando||Thu 3:44 PM||88 km||55 miles||47 nm||SSW|
|Saint George's||Thu 3:44 PM||141 km||88 miles||76 nm||NNW|
|Kingstown||Thu 3:44 PM||242 km||150 miles||131 nm||N|
|Maturín||Thu 3:14 PM||268 km||167 miles||145 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Thu 3:44 PM||284 km||176 miles||153 nm||NNE|
|Vieux Fort||Thu 3:44 PM||305 km||190 miles||165 nm||N|
|Castries||Thu 3:44 PM||336 km||209 miles||182 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.