Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.00 meters/second, 1587.6 km/hour, 986.5 miles/hour or 857.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.44 mi||west||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||north||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.5"||986.34 mi||west||0° 09' 24.3"||10.78 mi||north||986.13 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 35.2"||764.31 mi||east||3° 27' 22.0"||237.58 mi||north||795.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa Marta||Thu 3:34 PM||84 km||52 miles||45 nm||W|
|Barranquilla||Thu 3:34 PM||148 km||92 miles||80 nm||W|
|Maracaibo||Thu 4:04 PM||204 km||127 miles||110 nm||ESE|
|Cartagena||Thu 3:34 PM||243 km||151 miles||131 nm||WSW|
|Cúcuta||Thu 3:34 PM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||SSE|
|Montería||Thu 3:34 PM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||SW|
|Oranjestad||Thu 4:34 PM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||ENE|
|Bucaramanga||Thu 3:34 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||S|
|Barquisimeto||Thu 4:04 PM||469 km||291 miles||253 nm||ESE|
|Willemstad||Thu 4:34 PM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.