Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 10:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 22:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.53 meters/second, 1585.9 km/hour, 985.4 miles/hour or 856.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.6"||985.28 mi||West||0° 09' 16.9"||10.63 mi||North||985.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 46.7"||763.71 mi||East||3° 24' 05.5"||233.83 mi||North||793.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Acapulco||Thu 4:34 PM||651 km||404 miles||351 nm||NNE|
|Santa María Huatulco||Thu 4:34 PM||805 km||500 miles||435 nm||NE|
|Oaxaca||Thu 4:34 PM||863 km||536 miles||466 nm||NE|
|Mexico City||Thu 4:34 PM||947 km||588 miles||511 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Thu 4:34 PM||1031 km||640 miles||556 nm||N|
|Puerto Vallarta||Thu 4:34 PM||1066 km||663 miles||576 nm||NNW|
|Veracruz||Thu 4:34 PM||1079 km||670 miles||582 nm||NE|
|Leon||Thu 4:34 PM||1081 km||671 miles||583 nm||N|
|Aguascalientes||Thu 4:34 PM||1155 km||718 miles||624 nm||N|
|San Luis Potosi||Thu 4:34 PM||1196 km||743 miles||646 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.