Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 11:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 24%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, February 14, 2013 at 23:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.28 meters/second, 1585.0 km/hour, 984.9 miles/hour or 855.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.41 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.41 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.6"||984.72 mi||West||0° 09' 12.8"||10.56 mi||North||984.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 53.5"||763.40 mi||East||3° 22' 22.0"||231.86 mi||North||793.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan||Thu 4:36 PM||1726 km||1073 miles||932 nm||NE|
|Guadalajara||Thu 5:36 PM||1794 km||1115 miles||969 nm||NE|
|Aguascalientes||Thu 5:36 PM||1959 km||1217 miles||1058 nm||NE|
|Acapulco||Thu 5:36 PM||1964 km||1220 miles||1060 nm||ENE|
|Leon||Thu 5:36 PM||1969 km||1223 miles||1063 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Thu 4:36 PM||2046 km||1271 miles||1105 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Thu 5:36 PM||2127 km||1322 miles||1149 nm||ENE|
|Tijuana||Thu 3:36 PM||2320 km||1442 miles||1253 nm||N|
|Mexicali||Thu 3:36 PM||2340 km||1454 miles||1263 nm||N|
|San Diego||Thu 3:36 PM||2341 km||1455 miles||1264 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.