Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 1:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 24%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.81 meters/second, 1583.3 km/hour, 983.8 miles/hour or 854.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.40 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.5"||983.65 mi||West||0° 09' 05.3"||10.41 mi||North||983.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 07.9"||762.85 mi||East||3° 19' 02.9"||228.06 mi||North||791.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 3:34 PM||1653 km||1027 miles||892 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:34 PM||1684 km||1046 miles||909 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Thu 3:34 PM||3278 km||2037 miles||1770 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:34 PM||3624 km||2252 miles||1957 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:34 PM||3660 km||2274 miles||1976 nm||SW|
|San Francisco||Thu 5:34 PM||3697 km||2297 miles||1996 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Thu 5:34 PM||3722 km||2313 miles||2010 nm||NE|
|Midway||Thu 2:34 PM||3744 km||2327 miles||2022 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 3:34 PM||3967 km||2465 miles||2142 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Fri 3:34 PM||4035 km||2507 miles||2178 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.