Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 15, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 24%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 01:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.81 meters/second, 1583.3 km/hour, 983.8 miles/hour or 854.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.40 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||north||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.5"||983.65 mi||west||0° 09' 05.3"||10.41 mi||north||983.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 07.9"||762.85 mi||east||3° 19' 02.9"||228.06 mi||north||791.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 3:34 PM||1653 km||1027 miles||892 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:34 PM||1684 km||1046 miles||909 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Thu 3:34 PM||3279 km||2037 miles||1770 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:34 PM||3624 km||2252 miles||1957 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:34 PM||3663 km||2276 miles||1978 nm||SW|
|San Francisco||Thu 5:34 PM||3695 km||2296 miles||1995 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Thu 5:34 PM||3722 km||2313 miles||2010 nm||NE|
|Midway||Thu 2:34 PM||3744 km||2327 miles||2022 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 3:34 PM||3967 km||2465 miles||2142 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Fri 3:34 PM||4035 km||2507 miles||2178 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.