Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 15, 2013 at 01:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 24%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 01:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.76 meters/second, 1583.1 km/hour, 983.7 miles/hour or 854.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.39 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||north||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.5"||983.55 mi||west||0° 09' 04.6"||10.40 mi||north||983.33 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 09.3"||762.79 mi||east||3° 18' 43.9"||227.70 mi||north||791.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 3:44 PM||1439 km||894 miles||777 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:44 PM||1476 km||917 miles||797 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Thu 3:44 PM||3258 km||2024 miles||1759 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:44 PM||3349 km||2081 miles||1808 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:44 PM||3442 km||2139 miles||1858 nm||SW|
|Midway||Thu 2:44 PM||3501 km||2175 miles||1890 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Fri 3:44 PM||3832 km||2381 miles||2069 nm||SW|
|San Francisco||Thu 5:44 PM||3866 km||2402 miles||2088 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 3:44 PM||3866 km||2402 miles||2088 nm||SSW|
|Los Angeles||Thu 5:44 PM||3928 km||2441 miles||2121 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.