Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 1:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 24%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 01:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.76 meters/second, 1583.2 km/hour, 983.7 miles/hour or 854.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.5"||983.56 mi||West||0° 09' 04.6"||10.40 mi||North||983.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 09.2"||762.80 mi||East||3° 18' 45.8"||227.74 mi||North||791.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 3:44 PM||1460 km||907 miles||788 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 3:44 PM||1495 km||929 miles||807 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Thu 3:44 PM||3259 km||2025 miles||1760 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Thu 1:44 PM||3376 km||2098 miles||1823 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 2:44 PM||3461 km||2150 miles||1869 nm||SW|
|Midway||Thu 2:44 PM||3525 km||2190 miles||1903 nm||NW|
|San Francisco||Thu 5:44 PM||3850 km||2393 miles||2079 nm||NE|
|Apia *||Fri 3:44 PM||3852 km||2393 miles||2080 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 3:44 PM||3876 km||2408 miles||2093 nm||SSW|
|Los Angeles||Thu 5:44 PM||3907 km||2428 miles||2110 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.