Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 2:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 25%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 02:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.60 meters/second, 1582.6 km/hour, 983.4 miles/hour or 854.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 52.4"||983.19 mi||West||0° 09' 02.0"||10.35 mi||North||982.97 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 14.6"||762.62 mi||East||3° 17' 37.7"||226.44 mi||North||790.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 4:24 PM||1030 km||640 miles||556 nm||N|
|Kiritimati||Fri 4:24 PM||1123 km||698 miles||606 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:24 PM||2429 km||1509 miles||1311 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Thu 3:24 PM||2703 km||1679 miles||1459 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:24 PM||2781 km||1728 miles||1502 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Fri 4:24 PM||3239 km||2013 miles||1749 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Thu 4:24 PM||3394 km||2109 miles||1833 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:24 PM||3399 km||2112 miles||1835 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Fri 2:24 PM||3409 km||2118 miles||1841 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Fri 2:24 PM||3414 km||2122 miles||1844 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.