Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 6:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 06:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.61 meters/second, 1579.0 km/hour, 981.1 miles/hour or 852.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.35 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.35 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.8"||980.96 mi||West||0° 08' 46.0"||10.04 mi||North||980.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 51.2"||761.58 mi||East||3° 10' 42.6"||218.52 mi||North||787.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Fri 4:24 PM||132 km||82 miles||71 nm||NE|
|Saipan||Fri 4:24 PM||349 km||217 miles||188 nm||NE|
|Colonia||Fri 4:24 PM||720 km||448 miles||389 nm||WSW|
|Melekeok||Fri 3:24 PM||1165 km||724 miles||629 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Fri 5:24 PM||1682 km||1045 miles||908 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Fri 3:24 PM||1712 km||1064 miles||924 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Fri 3:24 PM||1846 km||1147 miles||997 nm||SW|
|Manado||Fri 2:24 PM||2438 km||1515 miles||1316 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 4:24 PM||2465 km||1532 miles||1331 nm||S|
|Manila||Fri 2:24 PM||2492 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.