Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 6:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 06:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.56 meters/second, 1578.8 km/hour, 981.0 miles/hour or 852.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.35 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.35 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.8"||980.86 mi||West||0° 08' 45.3"||10.03 mi||North||980.63 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 53.0"||761.54 mi||East||3° 10' 25.0"||218.19 mi||North||787.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Fri 4:34 PM||364 km||226 miles||197 nm||ENE|
|Colonia||Fri 4:34 PM||505 km||314 miles||273 nm||SW|
|Saipan||Fri 4:34 PM||540 km||335 miles||291 nm||ENE|
|Melekeok||Fri 3:34 PM||944 km||586 miles||509 nm||SW|
|Koror||Fri 3:34 PM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||SW|
|Jayapura||Fri 3:34 PM||1679 km||1043 miles||907 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Fri 3:34 PM||1704 km||1059 miles||920 nm||SSW|
|Davao||Fri 2:34 PM||1848 km||1148 miles||998 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Fri 5:34 PM||1932 km||1200 miles||1043 nm||ESE|
|General Santos||Fri 2:34 PM||1932 km||1201 miles||1043 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.