Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 15, 2013 at 06:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 06:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.55 meters/second, 1578.8 km/hour, 981.0 miles/hour or 852.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.35 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||north||16.35 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.8"||980.83 mi||west||0° 08' 45.0"||10.03 mi||north||980.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 53.4"||761.53 mi||east||3° 10' 19.6"||218.08 mi||north||787.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Fri 4:36 PM||444 km||276 miles||239 nm||ENE|
|Saipan||Fri 4:36 PM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||ENE|
|Melekeok||Fri 3:36 PM||879 km||546 miles||475 nm||SW|
|Manokwari||Fri 3:36 PM||1666 km||1035 miles||899 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Fri 3:36 PM||1678 km||1042 miles||906 nm||S|
|Davao||Fri 2:36 PM||1770 km||1100 miles||956 nm||WSW|
|General Santos||Fri 2:36 PM||1856 km||1153 miles||1002 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Fri 5:36 PM||2011 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||ESE|
|Manado||Fri 2:36 PM||2145 km||1333 miles||1158 nm||SW|
|Manila||Fri 2:36 PM||2148 km||1335 miles||1160 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.