Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 6:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 06:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 438.56 meters/second, 1578.8 kilometres/hour, 981.0 miles/hour or 852.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.35 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.35 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.8"||980.84 mi||West||0° 08' 45.2"||10.03 mi||North||980.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 53.2"||761.53 mi||East||3° 10' 21.6"||218.12 mi||North||787.24 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Fri 4:36 PM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||ENE|
|Colonia||Fri 4:36 PM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||SW|
|Saipan||Fri 4:36 PM||585 km||363 miles||316 nm||ENE|
|Melekeok||Fri 3:36 PM||902 km||560 miles||487 nm||SW|
|Koror||Fri 3:36 PM||926 km||575 miles||500 nm||SW|
|Jayapura||Fri 3:36 PM||1678 km||1042 miles||906 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Fri 3:36 PM||1679 km||1043 miles||907 nm||SSW|
|Davao||Fri 2:36 PM||1798 km||1117 miles||971 nm||WSW|
|General Santos||Fri 2:36 PM||1883 km||1170 miles||1017 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Fri 5:36 PM||1982 km||1232 miles||1070 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.