Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 15, 2013 at 06:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 06:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.52 meters/second, 1578.7 km/hour, 980.9 miles/hour or 852.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.35 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||north||16.35 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.8"||980.77 mi||west||0° 08' 44.6"||10.02 mi||north||980.54 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 54.6"||761.50 mi||east||3° 10' 07.5"||217.85 mi||north||787.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Fri 4:44 PM||621 km||386 miles||335 nm||E|
|Melekeok||Fri 3:44 PM||751 km||466 miles||405 nm||SW|
|Saipan||Fri 4:44 PM||773 km||481 miles||418 nm||ENE|
|Manokwari||Fri 3:44 PM||1594 km||991 miles||861 nm||SSW|
|Davao||Fri 2:44 PM||1601 km||995 miles||864 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Fri 3:44 PM||1689 km||1049 miles||912 nm||S|
|General Santos||Fri 2:44 PM||1690 km||1050 miles||912 nm||WSW|
|Quezon||Fri 2:44 PM||1963 km||1220 miles||1060 nm||W|
|Manila||Fri 2:44 PM||1969 km||1223 miles||1063 nm||W|
|Manado||Fri 2:44 PM||1998 km||1242 miles||1079 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.