Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 15, 2013 at 07:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 07:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.35 meters/second, 1578.1 km/hour, 980.6 miles/hour or 852.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.34 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||north||16.34 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.7"||980.39 mi||west||0° 08' 41.9"||9.97 mi||north||980.16 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 01.5"||761.34 mi||east||3° 08' 57.2"||216.51 mi||north||786.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cebu City||Fri 3:24 PM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||WSW|
|Bacolod||Fri 3:24 PM||738 km||459 miles||399 nm||WSW|
|Davao||Fri 3:24 PM||752 km||467 miles||406 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Fri 4:24 PM||815 km||506 miles||440 nm||SE|
|General Santos||Fri 3:24 PM||868 km||539 miles||469 nm||SSW|
|Quezon||Fri 3:24 PM||928 km||577 miles||501 nm||WNW|
|Makati||Fri 3:24 PM||928 km||577 miles||501 nm||WNW|
|Manila||Fri 3:24 PM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||WNW|
|Manado||Fri 3:24 PM||1343 km||834 miles||725 nm||SSW|
|Gorontalo||Fri 3:24 PM||1521 km||945 miles||821 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.