Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, February 15, 2013 at 08:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 27%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:20 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:31 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 08:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.10 meters/second, 1577.1 km/hour, 980.0 miles/hour or 851.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.33 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||north||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.5"||979.88 mi||west||0° 08' 37.8"||9.89 mi||north||979.65 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 12.5"||761.15 mi||east||3° 07' 09.1"||214.46 mi||north||785.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Princesa||Fri 4:24 PM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||SE|
|Nha Trang||Fri 3:24 PM||592 km||368 miles||320 nm||W|
|Olongapo||Fri 4:24 PM||651 km||405 miles||352 nm||ENE|
|Manila||Fri 4:24 PM||718 km||446 miles||388 nm||ENE|
|Makati||Fri 4:24 PM||719 km||447 miles||388 nm||ENE|
|Quezon||Fri 4:24 PM||727 km||451 miles||392 nm||ENE|
|Baguio City||Fri 4:24 PM||755 km||469 miles||407 nm||ENE|
|Da Nang||Fri 3:24 PM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||WNW|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Fri 4:24 PM||881 km||548 miles||476 nm||S|
|Ho Chi Minh||Fri 3:24 PM||890 km||553 miles||481 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.