Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 8:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 27%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 08:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.10 meters/second, 1577.2 km/hour, 980.0 miles/hour or 851.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.33 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.5"||979.82 mi||West||0° 08' 37.8"||9.89 mi||North||979.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 12.2"||761.10 mi||East||3° 07' 11.1"||214.49 mi||North||785.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Princesa||Fri 4:24 PM||548 km||340 miles||296 nm||SE|
|Nha Trang||Fri 3:24 PM||622 km||386 miles||336 nm||W|
|Olongapo||Fri 4:24 PM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||ENE|
|Angeles||Fri 4:24 PM||666 km||414 miles||360 nm||ENE|
|Mabalacat||Fri 4:24 PM||668 km||415 miles||361 nm||ENE|
|Tarlac City||Fri 4:24 PM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||ENE|
|Manila||Fri 4:24 PM||687 km||427 miles||371 nm||ENE|
|Quezon||Fri 4:24 PM||699 km||434 miles||377 nm||ENE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Fri 4:24 PM||775 km||482 miles||419 nm||S|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Fri 4:24 PM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.