Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 8:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 27%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 08:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.06 meters/second, 1577.0 km/hour, 979.9 miles/hour or 851.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.33 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.5"||979.73 mi||West||0° 08' 37.1"||9.87 mi||North||979.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 14.1"||761.07 mi||East||3° 06' 53.5"||214.15 mi||North||785.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nha Trang||Fri 3:34 PM||362 km||225 miles||195 nm||WSW|
|Da Nang||Fri 3:34 PM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||NW|
|Huế||Fri 3:34 PM||655 km||407 miles||353 nm||NW|
|Ho Chi Minh||Fri 3:34 PM||669 km||416 miles||361 nm||WSW|
|Pakse||Fri 3:34 PM||758 km||471 miles||410 nm||WNW|
|Puerto Princesa||Fri 4:34 PM||771 km||479 miles||417 nm||ESE|
|Cần Thơ||Fri 3:34 PM||794 km||493 miles||429 nm||WSW|
|Phnom Penh||Fri 3:34 PM||832 km||517 miles||449 nm||W|
|Savannakhet||Fri 3:34 PM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||WNW|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Fri 4:34 PM||929 km||577 miles||502 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.