Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 9:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 27%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 09:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.76 meters/second, 1575.9 km/hour, 979.2 miles/hour or 850.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 51.1"||979.06 mi||West||0° 08' 32.2"||9.78 mi||North||978.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 27.1"||760.80 mi||East||3° 04' 48.8"||211.77 mi||North||784.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dawei||Fri 4:14 PM||312 km||194 miles||168 nm||ENE|
|Port Blair||Fri 3:14 PM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||WSW|
|Yangon||Fri 4:14 PM||419 km||260 miles||226 nm||N|
|Mawlamyine||Fri 4:14 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||NNE|
|Bangkok||Fri 4:44 PM||546 km||339 miles||295 nm||E|
|Nakhon Sawan||Fri 4:44 PM||579 km||359 miles||312 nm||ENE|
|Pattaya||Fri 4:44 PM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||E|
|Phuket||Fri 4:44 PM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||SSE|
|Chiang Mai||Fri 4:44 PM||734 km||456 miles||396 nm||NNE|
|Naypyidaw||Fri 4:14 PM||741 km||460 miles||400 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.