Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 10:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 10:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.55 meters/second, 1575.2 km/hour, 978.8 miles/hour or 850.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.31 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 50.9"||978.58 mi||West||0° 08' 28.8"||9.72 mi||North||978.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 36.9"||760.61 mi||East||3° 03' 19.4"||210.06 mi||North||784.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Chennai||Fri 4:04 PM||337 km||210 miles||182 nm||W|
|Kakinada||Fri 4:04 PM||434 km||270 miles||235 nm||NNW|
|Visakhapatnam||Fri 4:04 PM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||N|
|Trincomalee||Fri 4:04 PM||563 km||350 miles||304 nm||SSW|
|Bengaluru||Fri 4:04 PM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||W|
|Kurnool||Fri 4:04 PM||646 km||401 miles||349 nm||WNW|
|Anantapur||Fri 4:04 PM||647 km||402 miles||350 nm||WNW|
|Kalmunai||Fri 4:04 PM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||SSW|
|Madurai||Fri 4:04 PM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||WSW|
|Hyderabad||Fri 4:04 PM||700 km||435 miles||378 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.