Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 11:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 11:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.30 meters/second, 1574.3 km/hour, 978.2 miles/hour or 850.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.30 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||North||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 50.5"||978.01 mi||West||0° 08' 24.5"||9.64 mi||North||977.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 48.7"||760.40 mi||East||3° 01' 31.3"||208.01 mi||North||783.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mangaluru||Fri 5:04 PM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||E|
|Mumbai||Fri 5:04 PM||753 km||468 miles||406 nm||NNE|
|Pune||Fri 5:04 PM||784 km||487 miles||423 nm||NE|
|Kulhudhuffushi||Fri 4:34 PM||875 km||544 miles||473 nm||SSE|
|Bengaluru||Fri 5:04 PM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||E|
|Anantapur||Fri 5:04 PM||955 km||594 miles||516 nm||E|
|Surat||Fri 5:04 PM||964 km||599 miles||521 nm||NNE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Fri 5:04 PM||1034 km||642 miles||558 nm||ESE|
|Madurai||Fri 5:04 PM||1078 km||670 miles||582 nm||ESE|
|Hyderabad||Fri 5:04 PM||1124 km||699 miles||607 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.