Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 11:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 11:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.29 meters/second, 1574.2 km/hour, 978.2 miles/hour or 850.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.30 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||North||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 50.5"||977.99 mi||West||0° 08' 24.5"||9.63 mi||North||977.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 49.2"||760.39 mi||East||3° 01' 27.7"||207.94 mi||North||783.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mangaluru||Fri 5:06 PM||703 km||437 miles||380 nm||E|
|Mumbai||Fri 5:06 PM||783 km||486 miles||423 nm||NE|
|Pune||Fri 5:06 PM||820 km||509 miles||443 nm||NE|
|Kulhudhuffushi||Fri 4:36 PM||905 km||562 miles||488 nm||SE|
|Surat||Fri 5:06 PM||990 km||615 miles||535 nm||NNE|
|Bengaluru||Fri 5:06 PM||997 km||620 miles||538 nm||E|
|Anantapur||Fri 5:06 PM||1007 km||626 miles||544 nm||E|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Fri 5:06 PM||1080 km||671 miles||583 nm||ESE|
|Madurai||Fri 5:06 PM||1128 km||701 miles||609 nm||ESE|
|Male||Fri 4:36 PM||1161 km||721 miles||627 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.