Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 12:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 12:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 436.99 meters/second, 1573.2 kilometres/hour, 977.5 miles/hour or 849.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.29 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||North||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 50.3"||977.32 mi||West||0° 08' 19.6"||9.54 mi||North||977.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 03.6"||760.14 mi||East||2° 59' 21.0"||205.52 mi||North||782.50 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Al Mukalla||Fri 3:46 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||WNW|
|Hadibu||Fri 3:46 PM||298 km||185 miles||161 nm||ESE|
|Bosaso||Fri 3:46 PM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||SW|
|Salalah||Fri 4:46 PM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||NE|
|Aden||Fri 3:46 PM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||W|
|Ta'izz||Fri 3:46 PM||802 km||498 miles||433 nm||W|
|Sana||Fri 3:46 PM||803 km||499 miles||434 nm||WNW|
|Galkayo||Fri 3:46 PM||864 km||537 miles||467 nm||SSW|
|Hargeisa||Fri 3:46 PM||913 km||567 miles||493 nm||WSW|
|Djibouti||Fri 3:46 PM||924 km||574 miles||499 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.