Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 1:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 29%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 13:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.82 meters/second, 1572.6 km/hour, 977.1 miles/hour or 849.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.29 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.9"||976.95 mi||West||0° 08' 16.9"||9.49 mi||North||976.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 11.7"||760.01 mi||East||2° 58' 11.9"||204.20 mi||North||782.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Edd||Fri 4:24 PM||67 km||42 miles||36 nm||WNW|
|Assab||Fri 4:24 PM||86 km||54 miles||47 nm||SE|
|Al Hudaydah||Fri 4:24 PM||155 km||96 miles||84 nm||NNE|
|Dorra||Fri 4:24 PM||163 km||101 miles||88 nm||S|
|Ta'izz||Fri 4:24 PM||194 km||121 miles||105 nm||E|
|Tadjoura||Fri 4:24 PM||213 km||132 miles||115 nm||SSE|
|Obock||Fri 4:24 PM||215 km||134 miles||116 nm||SSE|
|Djibouti||Fri 4:24 PM||244 km||152 miles||132 nm||SSE|
|Ali Sabieh||Fri 4:24 PM||276 km||171 miles||149 nm||S|
|Dikhil||Fri 4:24 PM||276 km||172 miles||149 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.