Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 1:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 29%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 13:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.78 meters/second, 1572.4 km/hour, 977.1 miles/hour or 849.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.28 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.9"||976.86 mi||West||0° 08' 16.2"||9.47 mi||North||976.62 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 13.8"||759.98 mi||East||2° 57' 53.7"||203.85 mi||North||781.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mek'ele||Fri 4:34 PM||37 km||23 miles||20 nm||WSW|
|Mendefera||Fri 4:34 PM||175 km||109 miles||95 nm||NW|
|Lalibela||Fri 4:34 PM||194 km||120 miles||105 nm||SSW|
|Edd||Fri 4:34 PM||208 km||129 miles||112 nm||E|
|Asmara||Fri 4:34 PM||211 km||131 miles||114 nm||NNW|
|Dessie||Fri 4:34 PM||275 km||171 miles||149 nm||S|
|Gondar||Fri 4:34 PM||276 km||172 miles||149 nm||WSW|
|Keren||Fri 4:34 PM||279 km||173 miles||151 nm||NNW|
|Assab||Fri 4:34 PM||326 km||203 miles||176 nm||ESE|
|Bahir Dar||Fri 4:34 PM||345 km||214 miles||186 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.