Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 1:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 29%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 13:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.77 meters/second, 1572.4 km/hour, 977.0 miles/hour or 849.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.28 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.9"||976.84 mi||West||0° 08' 16.0"||9.47 mi||North||976.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 14.3"||759.97 mi||East||2° 57' 50.0"||203.78 mi||North||781.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mek'ele||Fri 4:36 PM||23 km||14 miles||12 nm||SE|
|Mendefera||Fri 4:36 PM||149 km||93 miles||81 nm||NNW|
|Lalibela||Fri 4:36 PM||179 km||111 miles||96 nm||S|
|Asmara||Fri 4:36 PM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||NNW|
|Gondar||Fri 4:36 PM||229 km||143 miles||124 nm||WSW|
|Keren||Fri 4:36 PM||255 km||159 miles||138 nm||NNW|
|Dessie||Fri 4:36 PM||278 km||173 miles||150 nm||S|
|Bahir Dar||Fri 4:36 PM||307 km||191 miles||166 nm||SW|
|Teseney||Fri 4:36 PM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||WNW|
|Kassala||Fri 4:36 PM||373 km||232 miles||201 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.