Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 2:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 29%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 436.57 meters/second, 1571.6 kilometres/hour, 976.6 miles/hour or 848.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.28 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.7"||976.38 mi||West||0° 08' 12.6"||9.41 mi||North||976.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 24.6"||759.81 mi||East||2° 56' 22.2"||202.11 mi||North||781.31 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Al-Fashir||Fri 5:24 PM||252 km||157 miles||136 nm||W|
|Al-Ubayyid||Fri 5:24 PM||281 km||175 miles||152 nm||ESE|
|Kosti||Fri 5:24 PM||543 km||337 miles||293 nm||E|
|Khartoum||Fri 5:24 PM||562 km||349 miles||303 nm||ENE|
|Malakal||Fri 5:24 PM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||SE|
|Birao||Fri 3:24 PM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||SW|
|Wau||Fri 5:24 PM||669 km||416 miles||361 nm||S|
|Abéché||Fri 3:24 PM||741 km||460 miles||400 nm||W|
|Kassala||Fri 5:24 PM||958 km||595 miles||517 nm||ENE|
|Teseney||Fri 5:24 PM||979 km||608 miles||529 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.