Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, February 15, 2013 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 29%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, February 15, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.52 meters/second, 1571.5 km/hour, 976.5 miles/hour or 848.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 49.6"||976.28 mi||West||0° 08' 11.9"||9.39 mi||North||976.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 26.8"||759.78 mi||East||2° 56' 03.8"||201.76 mi||North||781.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Al-Fashir||Fri 5:34 PM||18 km||11 miles||10 nm||SE|
|Birao||Fri 3:34 PM||469 km||291 miles||253 nm||SW|
|Abéché||Fri 3:34 PM||479 km||298 miles||259 nm||W|
|Al-Ubayyid||Fri 5:34 PM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||E|
|Fada||Fri 3:34 PM||547 km||340 miles||296 nm||NW|
|Wau||Fri 5:34 PM||734 km||456 miles||396 nm||SSE|
|Khartoum||Fri 5:34 PM||809 km||503 miles||437 nm||ENE|
|Malakal||Fri 5:34 PM||840 km||522 miles||454 nm||ESE|
|Bria||Fri 3:34 PM||876 km||544 miles||473 nm||SSW|
|Sarh||Fri 3:34 PM||907 km||564 miles||490 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.